Monday 18 November 2013

Hull Fair Filming


Here is an example of how the handheld camera can make the shots look shaky. From this I have certainly learnt the importance of tripods.


I think I will use this shot for the 'their unspeakable wives, skinny as whippets', as this is Larkin making a comment on poor women in Hull. Poor women were conventionally 'skinny' as they could not afford food, however in modern times, obesity is becoming more prevalent between poorer communities as it is becoming more expensive to stay healthy and unhealthy food like fast food that will cause obesity is cheaper, therefore the poorer in the community will be the ones eating it most often. 


This could be a cutout for the 'six days of the week it toils', as labour in this form clearly cannot be vocational. Furthermore, it could also be used for the 'skinny as whippets' with reference to the shot above.


'Brothers & Sons', fairground ride.


Older generation looks on as the younger generation are still on the merry-go-round. They have already got off the merry-go-round. Could be connotated that for many young people for a while their life is going round in circles until they can finally change path when finding a vocation.


Flag, could be an interesting cut-out shot in between poem. 


Here are some stills from the filming I did at Hull Fair. I had to do this very early on in production time with no storyboard, shot list or shooting schedule as the fair was only in town for a week. The filming is shaky as it was filmed as I walked round with no tripod. From this I have realized the importance of a tripod for good quality footage. Furthermore I have realised the importance of shooting excess footage, as some clips I filmed I now wish were longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment