Thursday 10 October 2013

Idea for Introduction: Song (Witch - Lazy Bones)



The term lazy bones is a common term, slang for someone that's lazy and can obviously can have connotations of unemployment when linked to my video - as the unemployed seen as 'idle' or 'lazy' and thus also linking to the name of the film - idle thieving bastards.

I intend to use from 0:00 to 1:47 of the song as the song comes to a fitting break at 1:47 in which I can fade out into the main bulk of the narrative/story. In this opening sequence, I plan to show the contrast in people going to work (for example along the busy railway platforms and bus stops of the Hull and surrounding areas train stations) compared to those who are not going to work for the day - the idle thieving bastards.

This song fits perfectly to the message I want to put across - misconceptions of the unemployed with this song clearly representing these misconceptions. The lyrics in the part of the song I wish to include show a man (singer) talking about a girl having 'the lazy bones' which could easily be linked to unemployment. 'Don't tell me you can climb those mountains while your sleeping' could be interpreted as don't tell me you're trying to find a job when all you do is sleep and stay in bed all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment