Thursday 3 October 2013

Further Advance on Synopsis idea

I could base my film around the opposition or simply underlining of the extremist right wing ideology that are becoming more and more acceptable and 'common knowledge' for the masses of the UK - i.e. the demonisation of the working class.

My idea for a film name - 'Idle Thieving Bastards' based around the work by Charles Murray that has become the basis for many right wing ideologies.

Charles Murray thought up the idea of the 'unholy trinity' of unemployment, single parenting and crime.

In Murray's words:
'When I use the term 'underclass' I am indeed focusing on a certain type of poor person defined not by his condition, for example, long term unemployment, but by his deplorable behaviour in response to that condition, for example, unwilling to take jobs that are available to him.'

No comments:

Post a Comment